St Rose, LA
*Hourly pay/No weekends/Full Benefits*
Company is the leading provider of semi trailers for rent and lease in the U.S.. With about 50 locations company offers a fleet of about 90,000 trailers for rent and lease, including dry vans, flatbeds, reefers, chassis, and storage trailers.
Our people are the cornerstone of our success. Every branch has a hard-working and responsive customer service and operations team that takes pride in delivering on our promise of excellence. Due to continued growth, we are searching for Trailer Mechanic in St Rose, LA.
- Average Annual Salary $55,000 per year, which includes:
- Hourly pay $26.00/hour
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Typical work week is 40 hours
- Annual salary increased based on performance
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- Eligibility starts on first day of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life; Employee benefit contributions: $0-$50/month single, $250-$300/month family
- 6 sick days per year
- 12 Paid Holidays per year
- Earn PTO (personal time off) per hours worked starting on first day of employment, up to 13 days the first year. Annual PTO increases with tenure.
- Generous 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Heath Savings Account (HSA)
- Wellness/Prescription Drug program
- Start time typically between 7am/8am until 4pm/5pm, or until work is completed.
- Most work completed on-site, some off-site at customer locations. No road-side assistance.
- Some work inside the shop, some outside in lot.
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform preventative and as-needed maintenance of semi trailers
- Interpret and follow work orders and technical manuals
- Maintain schedules and document completed preventative maintenance and repairs
- Repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance; ensure work meets manufacturer’s specifications according to FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations)
- Maintaining parts and yard organization (with direction from operations management) to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with DOT inspections
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working specifically on semi trailers
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working on brakes
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing preventative maintenance program on semi trailers
- DOT medical card required or willing and able to obtain upon hire.
- Knowledge of air, electronic, braking, and suspension systems as well as general mechanical operation and/or light body repair
- Familiar with FHWA (Federal Highway Administration) and FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations)/BIT (Basic Inspection of Terminals) inspections
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds (mainly, tires)
- Must have own tools
- Must have a valid and current US driver’s license; no CDL required