Regional Transportation Manager
Due to continued growth, we are accepting resumes of interest for Regional Transportation Manager to work out of the Eddystone, PA distribution center. Enjoy long-term career opportunities, competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the Trucking Fleet for multiple Distribution Centers, including but not limited to daily operations of the Fleet, with the objective of providing the highest level of customer service and on-time performance, in a safe, legal, and fiscally responsible manner.
- Accountabilities; meeting objectives
- Responsible for daily distribution of Del Monte’s product line to the customer, with the highest level of service and on-time performance.
- Maintain and improve an established team of Drivers, Lead Drivers, and Dispatchers to achieve target goals and objectives.
- Manage Tractor/Trailer Fleet for each Distribution Center (DC), while maintaining communication with location General Manager and staff, to achieve common goals.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with safety performance and Department of Transportation (DOT), required rules and regulations for Drivers and equipment.
- Manage Profit and Loss performance for the fleet.
- Maintain and improve established vendor relations to achieve the highest level of service, and performance, at the lowest cost possible.
- Conduct quarterly visits to each Distribution Center and Sales offices in assigned regions.
- Good understanding of cold chain management and Tractor/Reefer Trailer operations
- Must be able to travel approximately 25%.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. oral and written).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of supply chain management.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations, as related to Fleet Operations, Driver Qualifications, Hours of Service (HOS), CSA 2010, etc.
- At least 5 years of transportation management.
- 4 year College Degree in Transportation/Logistics (or related business field), and/or a combination of specialized training, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum Skills Required
- Previous produce experience preferred but not essential
Salary is based on experience; includes long-term career opportunities, competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company.
Full benefits: medical, dental, FREE vision plan, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations – eligible for 15 days of vacation after only 90 days. Free uniforms with cleaning services. Hand unload/pallet breakdown 20% of loads.