Local Truck Driver CDL A Spotter Yard Jockey
**Hourly pay*/*Home Daily*/No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*/* Weekly Paycheck**
Company has been in business since 1982 providing fresh produce and other products to restaurants and other end users in the Houston, TX. Due to continued growth, we are currently accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDL A Spotter Yard Jockey to work in our 100,000 square foot warehouse terminal in Houston, TX.
- Average annual salary $55,000-$60,000 per year which includes
- Hourly range $21.00 – $23.00 per hour, may be negotiable based on experience
- Annual pay rate increases
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Typical work week is 45-55 hours per week
- Weekly paychecks
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life
- PTO (Personal and Vacation Days
- Career advancement opportunities
- Sunday-Friday; work 5-6 days per week
- Sunday is full, mandatory workday; off every Saturday and another day off During the week
- Start time at 7am; work until work is completed, typically 10-12 hours per day
- No overnights; home every day
- Schedule can vary; must be flexible with work availability
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Minimum of 6-months experience spotting trailers is highly preferred
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Be able to lift, push, pull 65 pounds with no assistance
- Must be able to get in and out of trucks several times per day
- Backing in and out of docks.
- Drive CDL box trucks, tractors, and trailers in and out of docks.
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Please send resume or call recruiting department, 224-208-1739