Local Truck Driver CDL Class A
Fort Lauderdale, FL
We are currently accepting applications for Commercial Driver’s License Class A Local Truck Drivers to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver’s license and minimum of 1 year service and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably route delivery experience.
Due to continued growth, we are accepting applications for CDL A Local Truck Drivers to work out of our Fort Lauderdale, FL distribution center. Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company.
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- 90% dock deliveries; 10% hand unload/pallet breakdown
- Local, multi-stop delivery experience
- Touch-freight and hand unload when necessary using a pallet jack
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission, with 1 year of service and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; days and times. Weekends and Holidays included.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
Salary for this position is activity-based pay: mileage plus stop and dwell time. Approximately $900-$1300/week gross. Work 70 hours, 6-days per week, Monday through Saturday, typically off on Sundays but not guaranteed – must be flexible with work hours. Start time varies, typically between 9pm – 2am; work 12-14 hours days.
Full benefits: medical, dental, FREE vision plan, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations – eligible for 15 days of vacation after only 90 days. Free uniforms with cleaning services.