Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Tanker and Hazmat
Salt Lake City, UT
Due to continued growth, we are currently accepting applications for Commercial Driver’s License Class A Truck Drivers to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Salt Lake City, UT. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver’s license and minimum of 2 years of service and prior verifiable experience and references. Experience driving in mountains and chaining tires highly preferred. Tanker and hazmat endorsements and experience preferred but will train. Must be willing to obtain tanker and hazmat endorsements immediately upon hire
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with an established company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities. Hourly pay with pay increase after 50 hours per week. Training period is typically 30-90 days and pay increase available upon completion of training.
- Drive trucks with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Transfer of bulk liquid, gases using hoses, attachments, etc.
- Current DOT Medical Card and must pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission, with 2 years of service and prior verifiable experience and references
- Tanker and hazmat endorsements preferred or must be willing to obtain immediately upon hire
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- 5-day work week; some work during weekends and some Holidays; must be flexible with work schedule
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
Salary for this position is $20.00/hour with increases after training completed. Hourly increase to $30/hour after 50 hours per week; average 55-60 hours/week. Five-day work week with two consecutive days off; regular shift may include weekends and some Holidays. Home most nights with an occasional overnight. Work schedule varies, typically 6am-5/6pm; must be flexible with start/end times; work 10-14 hours per day. Full benefits: medical, dental, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations.