Local Truck Driver CDL Class A
We are currently accepting applications for Commercial Driver’s License Class A Truck Drivers to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Kankakee, IL. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver’s license and minimum of 1 year service and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably route delivery experience.
Due to continued growth, we are accepting applications for CDLA drivers to work out of the Kankakee, IL distribution center. Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company.
- Drive trucks with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Backing in and out of docks
- NO TOUCH-customer unload. Detention after 2 hrs.
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Must be flexible with work schedule; days and times. Weekends and Holidays included.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission, with 1 year of service and prior verifiable experience and references
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
Salary for this position is activity-based pay: mileage, stop, detention and hourly. Typical weekly gross pay is $900-$1,100/week. Quarterly safety bonus up to $500. Work 45-50 hours per week, approx. 10-12 hours per day. Stops will include Chicago, Chicago Suburbs and will stay within a 250 mile radius of the Kankakee terminal. 90% NO TOUCH FREIGHT; rest is pulling pallets off with a pallet jack. Work schedule is a 5-day work week including 1 weekend day, either Saturday or Sunday, and 4 weekdays with typical start times between 1am-4am.
Full benefits: medical, dental, FREE vision plan, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations – eligible for 15 days of vacation after only 90 days. Free uniforms with cleaning services.