Local CDL Class A Truck Driver
We are currently accepting applications for Commercial Driver’s License Class A Truck Drivers to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Columbus, OH. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver’s license and minimum of 2 years of service with at least 1 year in the last 3 years, and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably local and regional, route delivery experience. Forklift/shipping/receiving experience strongly desired.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities. Work Mon-Fri, rotating 1st/2nd shifts – must be flexible with work hours. No overnights, occasional weekend work. Work 40-50 hours per week, OT after 40 hours.
Must have excellent customer service skills, clean appearance, and a solid work history. PFE’s required: steel-toed shoes, eye protection, and ear protection.
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
- Some warehouse work – picking orders, loading/unloading trucks, using forklift/pallet-jack
- Personal PFE’s: steel-toed shoes, eye protection, and ear protection
- Provide customer service and have a “can-do” attitude
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission, with 2 years of service and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; start times vary every day. Some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries and regional, logging experience
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
Salary for this position is a competitive hourly wage, depending on experience. OT after 40 hours per week, average 40-50 hours/week. Full benefits: medical, dental, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations.