*Hourly pay*/*Home Daily*/No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*
Company is the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Lead CDL A Local Truck Driver Route Delivery for our location in Tracy, CA.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
- Average annual salary $90,000 – $95,000/year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $29.00-$30.00/hour, based on experience
- Monthly driver incentive bonus that can equate to an additional $2.00-$2.50/hour; incentive attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime after 8 hours per day. Typically work 8-10 hours per day/45-50 hours per week.
- Bi-weekly Paychecks
- 401K retirement plan begins on first day of work.
- Full benefits: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Start times will very, typical start time between 10pm-midnight, work until work is completed
- Cover routes for call outs, vacation, or business needs changes; approximately 4-7 times per month
- Deliver palletized freight to medical facilities
- Make 6-10 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop;
- Route delivery, driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate, and 2 wheel hand cart
- No layovers; home every day
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Minimum 2 years CDL A experience, preferably with local, multiple-stop, touch freight deliveries
- Provides leadership and supervision to route drivers; Must have lead driver and/or driver supervision experience
- Monitor work habits of all drivers so the company driver handbooks are being properly followed and drivers are caring for their vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. Report any and all inconsistencies directly to the Manager.
- Ability to train and assess new drivers or drivers needing evaluation and report finding to Manager or Director. (i.e. post accident ride-a-longs)
- Liaison between branch management, corporate office, and drivers for any customer or driver concerns.
- Responsible for all drivers’ daily inspection of vehicles, ensuring proper function of all safety related features of the vehicle at all times; Refueling as needed.
- Review driver’s paperwork (DVIR, Logs, activity reports, etc.) and submit to corporate office.
- Creates routes; routes, reroutes, and dispatches drivers based on customer orders
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with home terminal/dispatch center/drivers to communicate customer information or delivery updates to maintain safe operations including proper communication when an incident occurs.
- Work with Safety and Compliance to properly maintain current and proper documentation and permits for fleet vehicles.
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and/or electronic routing programs
- Experience with Electronic on-boarding recorders (EOBR) and hours of service (HOS); preferably PeopleNet
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, email, internet, etc
- Completes other duties as assigned