Accounts Receivable Specialist
Work with the A/R Manager and A/R team-members to oversee the administration and management of credit and collection programs on customer accounts. Typical schedule is Monday through Friday, first shift. Pay based on experience plus full benefits. Position offers a stable, safe work environment and career opportunities.
- At least 2 years of experience in a HIGH VOLUME Accounts Payable Receivable/Billing environment
- Prior experience in transportation/trucking a PLUS!
- Log and communicate customer complaints and issues thoroughly
- Demonstrated ability to learn from and improve upon mistakes
- Understanding of customer “at risk” signs; capable of elevating concerns to management
- Ability to quickly learn basic trucking operations
- Maintain fuel surcharge billing FSC and database
- Upload, search and find, open, sort, and manage documents in imager view/data base
- Monthly reporting to internal and external customers
- Any other project work as requested by Department Managers
- Fast learner; comfortable with technology and able to pick up computer-based tasks quickly
- Answer telephone quickly and with a pleasant demeanor
- Proficient with email, fax, mail and telephone communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to listen for customer needs regarding billing inquiries or other issues, check for understanding and accuracy, and build relationships with internal and external customers
- Quick and accurate data entry skills; knowledge of email platform (Outlook), Microsoft Office
- At least 2 years’ experience in accounting department or bookkeeping department (more years of experience would be a plus)
- Experience in a trucking company/transportation a PLUS!
- Quick learner
- Thinks outside the box, continuous process improvement
- Problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Salary is an hourly rate based on experience with OT after 40 hours per week. Pay based on experience. Full benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401k, vacations, and Holidays.