Chicago – Midway, IL
*Hourly pay/No weekends/Full Benefits*
Company is the leading provider of semi trailers for rent and lease in the U.S.. With about 50 locations company offers a fleet of about 90,000 trailers for rent and lease, including dry vans, flatbeds, reefers, chassis, and storage trailers.
Our people are the cornerstone of our success. Every branch has a hard-working and responsive customer service and operations team that takes pride in delivering on our promise of excellence. Due to continued growth, we are searching for Trailer Mechanic in Chicago-Midway, IL.
- Average Annual Salary $48,000-$54,000 per year, which includes:
- Hourly pay $23.08-$25.96/hour, based on experience
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Typical work week is 40 hours
- Annual salary increased based on performance
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- Eligibility starts on first day of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life; Employee benefit contributions: $0-$50/month single, $250-$300/month family
- 6 sick days per year
- 12 Paid Holidays per year
- Earn PTO (personal time off) per hours worked starting on first day of employment, up to 13 days the first year. Annual PTO increases with tenure.
- Generous 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Heath Savings Account (HSA)
- Wellness/Prescription Drug program
- Typical work schedule 8am-5pm, work until completed
- Most work completed on-site, some off-site at customer locations. No road-side assistance.
- Some work completed inside the shop, some outside on work pad.
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform preventative and as-needed maintenance of semi trailers
- Interpret and follow work orders and technical manuals
- Maintain schedules and document completed preventative maintenance and repairs
- Repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance; ensure work meets manufacturer’s specifications according to FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations)
- Maintaining parts and yard organization (with direction from operations management) to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with DOT inspections
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working specifically on semi trailers
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working on brakes
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing preventative maintenance program on semi trailers
- DOT medical card required or willing and able to obtain upon hire.
- Knowledge of air, electronic, braking, and suspension systems as well as general mechanical operation and/or light body repair
- Familiar with FHWA (Federal Highway Administration) and FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations)/BIT (Basic Inspection of Terminals) inspections
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds (mainly, tires)
- Must have own tools
- Must have a valid and current US driver’s license; no CDL required