Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Tractor Trailer
Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Tractor Trailer drivers in Montgomery, IL. We offer unlimited work hours/income potential, stable and safe working environment, and growth opportunities.
Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Tractor Trailer drivers make case deliveries within 500-mile radius of Montgomery, IL using ramp and 2-wheel hand-cart. Must have touch freight delivery or heavy lifting abilities/background. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1-year verifiable CDL experience, preferably in a route-based environment.
- Drive CDL trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Backing in and out of docks
- Provide excellent customer service
- Touch freight, hand delivery to restaurants using hand-cart/2-wheel dolly, ramps
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Must be flexible with work schedule; days and times. Weekends and Holidays included. Overtime work as requested
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
- Make 10-20 stops per day; touch freight; hand unload
- Use of lift-gate, ramps, and 2-wheel dolly
Base salary for this position is $62,800/year plus case, mile, stop, and backhaul pay. Safety, longevity, and referral bonuses available. Typical work week is Monday-Friday; start times vary between 3am-5am; work 10-14 hours per day. Weekend work available on volunteer basis but must be flexible and able to work extra shifts, as needed. Full benefits including paid vacations and Holidays following probationary period.