CDL Truck Driver Class A
We are currently accepting applications for CDL Truck Driver Class A to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Prince George, VA. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver’s license and minimum of year of service and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably route delivery experience. Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company.
Responsibilities of the CDL Truck Driver Class A
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Store deliveries using hand-cart, lift-gate, pallet jack
- Flexible schedule – able to be overnight 1-2 nights at a time, 1-2 times per week. HOME EVERY WEEKEND!
Requirements of the CDL Truck Driver Class A
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission, with year of service and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; days and times. Weekends and Holidays included.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
- Unload using lift-gate, hand cart, etc.
Compensation for the CDL Truck Driver Class A
Salary for this position is activity-based pay: mileage plus stop and hourly rate. Approximately $1,200/week gross. Work 50-60 hours per week, Mon-Fri, home every weekend. Store deliveries/driver unload using lift-gate, hand-cart, and pallet jack. Full benefits: medical, dental, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations. FIVE WEEKS vacation after first year of service.