Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery (724006)
Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery
*Hourly pay*/*Home Daily*/No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*
*Snow driving and tire chaining experienced preferred*
Company is the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery for our location in Tracy, CA.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
- Average annual salary $85,000 – $90,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $28.00-$29.00/hour, based on experience
- Monthly driver incentive bonus that can equate to an additional $2.00-$2.50/hour; incentive attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime paid after 8 hours per day. Typically work 8-12 hours per day.
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- Full benefits after only 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations
- 401k retirement plan enrollment on first day of employment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Start times will vary, typical start time of 12am, work until work is completed
- Home every day; layovers only in the case of bad weather
- Deliveries in the bay area, Sacramento, Fresno, Redding, Reno, and Tahoe areas, and others if needed.
- Snow/mountain driving experience highly preferred
- Deliver palletized freight to medical facilities
- Driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate; and 2 wheel hand cart
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule.
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
- Doubles endorsement preferred or willing to obtain upon hire
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: food service, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance