Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery 3K Bonus (201410)
Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery $3,000 Sign on Bonus
*Hourly pay*/*Mon-Fri*/*Home Daily*/No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*
**$3,000 Sign on bonus: $1,000 paid after 6 months, $1,000 paid after 9 months, $1,000 paid after 12 month**
Company is the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Route Truck Driver CDL Class A for our location in Chester, VA.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
- Average annual salary $60,000 – $65,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly pay rate of $23.50 – $24.50/hour based upon prior experience.
- Monthly driver incentive bonus that can equate to an additional $2.00-$2.50/hour; incentive attainable but not guaranteed.
- $3,000 Sign on bonus: $1,000 paid after 6 months, $1,000 paid after 9 months, $1,000 paid after 12 month
- Overtime after 40 hours per week. Typically work 45-50 hours per week.
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
- Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations
- Career advancement opportunities
- Two work schedules to chose from:
- Monday-Friday; typical start time between 10pm-2am
- Monday-Friday; typical start time between 2am-5am
- No layovers; home every day
- Make 5-7 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop
- Palletized deliveries to medical facilities
- Route delivery, driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate; and infrequently, 2 wheel hand cart
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule and willing to run all routes.
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: food service, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred