Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery
West Haven, CT
*Hourly pay*/*Home Daily*/*Full Benefits*/Weekly pay*
Company is the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery for our location in West Haven, CT.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
- Average annual salary $65,000 – $70,000/year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $24.00 – $25.00/hour, based on experience.
- Monthly driver incentive program that can equate to an additional $2.00-$2.50/hour. Incentives are attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime after 40 hours per week. Typically work 45-50 hours per week.
- Weekly paychecks
- 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
- Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Sunday-Thursday, some weekends as needed
- Start time varies, typically between 11:00pm-2:00am, work until work is completed
- No layovers; home every day
- Deliver palletized freight to medical facilities
- Make 2-5 stops per day which includes recharges at terminal
- Driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate, 2 wheel hand cart, U-boat, or cart with wheels
- Must be willing to do two weeks of training/orientation in Uxbridge, MA- all expenses paid
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule.
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred