Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery (201452)
Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery
*Hourly pay*/*Home Daily*/*Monday-Friday*/*No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*/*Weekly Paychecks*
Company is the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Truck Driver CDLA Route Delivery for our location in Anchorage, AK.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
- Average annual salary $75,000 – $80,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $24.50 – $25.50 per hour, based on prior experience.
- Monthly driver incentive bonus that can equate to an additional $2.00-$2.50/hour; incentive attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime after 40 hours per week. Work approximately 45-50 hours per week.
- Weekly paychecks
- Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monday-Friday, some weekends as needed
- Start times vary; typical start time of 5am, work until work is completed
- No layovers; home every day
- Deliver palletized freight to medical facilities
- Make 5-15 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop
- Route delivery, driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate; 2 wheel hand cart
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule.
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
- Minimum of 1 years CDL A driving experience preferred
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: food service, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance