Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery (201432)
Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery
*Hourly pay*/*Home Daily*/No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*
Company, has been in business since 1982 providing fresh produce and other products to restaurants and other end users. Due to continued growth and expansion into the Nashville market, we are currently accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery Drivers to work in our distribution warehouse in Nashville, TN.
- Approximate annual salary $80,000-$85,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly wage of $28.00 per hour, based on experience
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Typical work week is 45-50 hours per week
- Weekly paychecks
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life)
- PTO (Personal and Vacation Days)
- Career advancement opportunities
- 4-5 day work weeks
- Sunday- Friday, off every Saturday night and one other night during the week
- Start times vary, typically between 7:00pm- 9:00pm; work until work is completed, usually 10-12 hours per day
- No layovers, home every day
- Make 5-15 stops per day
- Route delivery, driver unload, using 2-wheel dolly and ramp or lift-gate
- Touch freight, case delivery of food-grade products to restaurants, schools, and retail
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive CDL trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- 1 year local CDL A route delivery experience in the food industry is required
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Must pass pre-hire drug screen and physical
- Be able to lift, push, pull 65 pounds with no assistance
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Please send resume or call Recruiting Department, 224-208-1739.