Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery
*Hourly pay*/*Home Daily*/No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*
**No experience necessary** New CDL Graduates and permit holders encouraged to apply**
Company, has been in business since 1947. Over the decades, the company has grown from a small produce wholesaler delivering to independent grocers and small restaurants, to servicing a broad spectrum of customers. Due to continued growth we are currently accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery to work out of our location in Paris, TN. Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a growing company.
- Average annual salary $60,000-$70,000 per year, which includes:
- Salary is $18.00-$19.00 per hour, based on experience
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Work 55-65 hours per week
- Weekly Paychecks
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life after 90 days of employment
- PTO (Personal and Vacation Days)
- Career advancement opportunities
Two work schedules to chose from:
- Monday-Saturday. Off every Sunday and one other night during the week; 5-6 day work weeks.
- Start times vary, typically 8pm-12am; work until work is completed, usually 12-14 hours per day
- Start times vary; Typically 2am-5am; work until work is completed, usually 12-14 hours per day.
- 5-6 day work weeks
- No layovers, home every day
- Make 14-18 stops per day; each stop takes 15-20 minutes to unload.
- Route delivery, driver unload, using 2-wheel dolly and ramp
- Touch freight, case delivery of food-grade products to restaurants, schools, and retail
- Stacking/restacking pallets as necessary throughout the day
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive CDL trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Must pass pre-hire drug screen and physical
- Be able to lift, push, pull 65 pounds with no assistance
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Please apply by forwarding copy of resume or call Recruiting Department, 224-208-1739.