Intermodal Dispatcher Fleet Manager
The Intermodal Dispatcher Fleet Manager will work closely with Transportation Operations, Sales, Customer Service, and Safety/Maintenance departments to ensure safe, transportation of product to customers. Strong understanding of intermodal and liquid bulk logistics/transportation, transportation business processes, and the overall cost of doing business from a logistics/dispatch perspective is required.
- Act as the primary liaison between our company and our drivers
- Make routing decisions that satisfy customer’s expectations and company financial requirements
- Determine optimal routing by prioritizing loads, defining routes, negotiating with drivers and setting schedules
- Assure routing decisions comply with state and federal laws and regulations governing safety and capacity issues (e.g., Hours of Service, GVW)
- Communicate company procedures to drivers
- Ensure that shipping and billing data is tracked appropriately and promptly
- Resolve problems related to pick-ups and deliveries with drivers, partner carriers, rail operators and port operators
- Monitor containers to reduce demurrage and storage fees
- Assist with other responsibilities including payroll, billing, and various other work that may be assigned
- Previous intermodal and liquid bulk transportation dispatching/fleet managing experience required
- Excellent analytical skills
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships
Company offers an entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including unlimited professional growth opportunities.