Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver (201740)
Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver
Little Rock, AR
*Hourly pay*/*Mon-Fri*/*Home Daily*/No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*/*Weekly Pay*
Company is the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering packages to clinics and medical facilities. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver for our location in Little Rock, AR. Career advancement opportunities into CDL delivery positions.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
- Average annual salary $50,000 – $55,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $18.50-$19.50/hour, depending on experience.
- Monthly driver incentive bonus that can equate to an additional $2.00-$2.50/hour; incentive attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week.
- Weekly paychecks
- Full benefits after only 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations
- 401k retirement plan enrollment on first day of employment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Start time typically 5am,Work until complete; 8-12 hours per day
- No layovers; home every day
- Make 30-60 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop
- Will be loading Truck Prior to making deliveries
- Package and loose box route delivery by hand and/or 2 wheel hand cart or carts with wheels
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule
- Drive parcel [bread] trucks, making multi-stop parcel deliveries to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on trucks
- Parcel delivery using hand-cart at some locations
- Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Driver´s License, and meet MVR minimum hiring requirements
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Multiple-stop, parcel deliveries in a parcel delivery truck [step-van; bread truck], sometime using a hand-cart. No heavy lifting.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; start times vary every day. Some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, parcel, etc. highly preferred; will train the right individuals
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred