Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver (201529)
Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver
*Hourly pay*/*Mon-Fri*/*Home Daily*/No Overnights*/*Full Benefits
Company is the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering packages to clinics and medical facilities. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver for our location in Uxbridge, MA. Career advancement opportunities into CDL delivery positions.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
- Average annual salary $50,000 – $60,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $21.50-$22.50/hour, depending on experience.
- Monthly driver incentive bonus that can equate to an additional $2.00-$2.50/hour. Incentive is attainable but not guaranteed.
- OT paid after 40 hours per week. Typically work 45-50 hours per week.
- Weekly paychecks
- Full benefits after only 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations
- 401k retirement plan enrollment on first day of employment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monday-Friday, some weekends as needed
- Start times vary, typically between 4am-6am, work until work is completed
- No layovers; home every day
- Make 15-25 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop
- Deliveries are in the Boston area
- Package and loose box route delivery by hand and/or 2 wheel hand cart or carts with wheels
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule
- Drive parcel [bread] trucks, making multi-stop parcel deliveries to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on trucks
- Parcel delivery using hand-cart at some locations
- Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Driver´s License, and meet MVR minimum hiring requirements
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Multiple-stop, parcel deliveries in a parcel delivery truck [step-van; bread truck], sometime using a hand-cart. No heavy lifting.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; start times vary every day. Some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Routes in the Boston area are required
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, parcel, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred