Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver (201398)
Posted 1 week ago
Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver
*Hourly pay*/*Home Daily*/*Mon-Fri*/*No Overnights*/*Full Benefits*
Company is the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering packages to clinics and medical facilities. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver for our location in Tracy, CA.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
- Average annual salary $60,000 – $65,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $22.00-$23.00/hour, based off of prior experience
- Monthly driver incentive program that can equate to an additional $2.00-$2.50/hour; incentive attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime after 8 hours per day. Typically work 45-50 hours per week.
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- 401K retirement plan begins on first day of work.
- Full benefits: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monday-Friday; some weekends as needed
- Start times will vary, typical start time around 3am; work until work is complete
- No layovers; home every day
- Make 30-60 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop
- Package and loose box route delivery by hand and/or 2 wheel hand cart or carts with wheels
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule
- Drive parcel [bread] trucks, making multi-stop parcel deliveries to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on trucks
- Parcel delivery using hand-cart at some locations
- Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Driver´s License, and meet MVR minimum hiring requirements
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Multiple-stop, parcel deliveries in a parcel delivery truck [step-van; bread truck], sometime using a hand-cart. No heavy lifting.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; start times vary every day. Some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, parcel, etc. highly preferred; will train the right individuals
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred